akes it even more special, Ko said.Ko won the ANA Inspiration in April, where Chun was tied for second.That tournament was Chuns first start after a month out with a ba | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
ying1993 Jul 17
Miguel Cummins, the West Indies fast bowler, has signed as Worcestershires overseas player for the final three rounds of the Championship. Cheap Jazz Jerseys . Cummins, who made his Test debut against India last month, replaces South Africas Kyle Abbott as Worcestershire aim to maintain their pursuit of the one promotion spot available in Division Two this season.Abbott was called up for South Africas Test series with New Zealand and, after two defeats in their last three matches followed by conceding 551 against Northamptonshire, Worcestershire have decided to strengthen their attack by bringing in Cummins.With one day of their ongoing match at New Road to go, Worcestershire sit fourth in the Division Two table, 56 points behind leaders Essex after they secured a three-day win against Leicestershire.Steve Rhodes, Worcestershires director of cricket, said: We have signed Miguel for the last three games of the season. I am delighted not only to be getting someone who has been playing recently but also someone who has recently been playing international cricket and that says a lot for his quality.He played in the West Indies-India series and was successful in the penultimate Test of that series. He is a young guy with no experience of county cricket or English conditions but he is hungry to do well, try and impress and make an impact and he has got this opportunity in the last three games and we are looking forward to having him on board.He is a little bit quicker than any of our bowlers, with a bit of bounce, and he is well thought of by Ottis Gibson. I spoke to him and he gave a very good recommendation for him and when you look to give someone an opportunity, you want someone with a point to prove.There is a lot of unavailability [of overseas players] towards the end of the season and we are very lucky to get Miguel.Cummins, who took 6 for 48 in the St Lucia Test against India, has a career record of 125 first-class wickets at 22.44. He was the most successful pace bowler in this years WICB Professional Cricket League, with 33 at 20.69. He is expected to arrive at the club on Monday and be available to play Essex at Chelmsford, starting on Wednesday, followed by games against Sussex and Derbyshire.I am relishing the chance to play county cricket for the first time, Cummins said. I am always keen to learn and broaden my cricketing knowledge and experiences and this is an ideal opportunity for me. Several West Indian players have played for the county and I hope I can make a significant impact and help the club towards its goal of trying to achieve promotion. Cheap Jazz Jerseys Authentic . From filmmaker Nanette Burstein (On the Ropes), The Price of Gold revisits the saga that rocked the figure skating world ahead of the 1994 Lillehammer Olympic Winter Games: the assault on Nancy Kerrigan, and the plot that led its way back to her rival Tonya Harding. Cheap Jazz Jerseys China . President of baseball operations Larry Beinfest was fired Friday after 12 years with the Marlins. The move came as the team neared the end of its third consecutive last-place season in the NL East. http://www.cheapjazzjerseys.com/ . 10 Texas Rangers jersey for one last time. Young formally announced his retirement Friday after returning to Rangers Ballpark, his baseball home for all but the last of his 13 major league seasons. EVIAN-LES-BAINS, France -- Walking toward the 18th green at the Evian Championship with one putt to make golfing history, In Gee Chun felt the nerves gripping her.After some motivating words from her caddie, she steadied herself and sank a putt from 10 feet to hold a difficult par. That putt saw her win on 21 under to record the lowest 72-round ever in a mens or womens major.It was the 22-year-old South Koreans second major after winning last years womens U.S. Open.Given her lead over countrywomen Sung Hyun Park and So Yeon Ryu, victory was effectively assured as Chun approached the 18th tee. But it looked like she might miss the record lowest score when her tee shot flew into the left rough.After chatting to her caddie, she chose the safe option and used a wedge to chop her way onto the fairway, about 95 yards from the pin.Then, Chun glided her ball over the water magnificently to give herself a shot at history. But the short walk to the green felt like an eternity.I was so nervous, Chun said. So my caddie David Jones told me `if you make the par, I buy the dinner.Jones might regret it when he sees the bill.I can pick any expensive one, said a smiling Chun, who broke the record of 20 under co-held by Henrik Stenson and Jason Day, and also bettered the womens record by two.She led from start to finish, although she did share the first-round lead with Park -- who finished four shots back in a tie for second with Ryu.Shanshan Feng, Chinas only major winner, was six shots back in fourth place, with South Korean Sei Young Kim posting an impressive 65 to move up to fifth ahead of countrywoman I.K. Kim.Chun finished the day with a 2-under 69, the most modest of her four rounds. Not that it took anything away from her achievement.I just cannot believe I won the Evian Championship and made 21 under par, Chun said moments after her win as she clutched the trophy. Im not dreaming right?Some difference from last year, when she missed the cut here at Evian Ressort. Wholesale Jazz Jerseys. In 2014 she tied for 65th.Over four days of intensely accurate driving and clinical putting, she was near-faultless this time. Her only significant blemish was a double bogey on the ninth hole in the third round -- and even then she limited the damage having opted for a two-stroke penalty.There was one bogey on Sunday, on the 14th, but Chun made a birdie on the next to move back to 21 under and almost added another birdie on the 16th, with her attempt stopping just short.Chun is the only the second player in LPGA history to have her first two LPGA wins come at majors. The other was countrywoman Se Ri Pak in 1998.After making her record-breaking putt, Chun raised both arms in the air.I think shes an amazing ambassador for the womens game, said Lydia Ko, the defending Evian champion. You can kind of see that from her personality.It was a tournament to forget for Ko.Chasing her third major, the 19-year-old New Zealander finished in a tie for 43rd at 2 over.She did enough, however, to win the third edition of the Rolex Annika Major Award -- rewarding the player with the best combined record at all five majors and named after 10-time major winner Annika Sorenstam.For (Sorenstam) to be here and for her to be able to present the trophy to me makes it even more special, Ko said.Ko won the ANA Inspiration in April, where Chun was tied for second.That tournament was Chuns first start after a month out with a back injury caused in bizarre circumstances. She was struck by a hard-case suitcase that rival South Korean player Ha Na Jangs father dropped down an escalator at the Singapore airport.I was struggling, between the injury and my body and psychological problems, Chun said through a translator. It was an inner struggle, and it was going around and around, so it was difficult for me to get out of that situation. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '