dismissal, but if we do, we would have to take that opportunity, h | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wangzonghui Aug 13
NASHVILLE, Tenn. Cheap Heat Jerseys . -- Kyle Shurmur threw for a career-high 416 yards, and Vanderbilt scored the final 21 points in an upset of No. 17 Tennessee 45-34 Saturday night that erased any doubts the Commodores belong in a bowl.The Commodores (6-6, 3-5 Southeastern Conference) earned a bowl berth for the first time since 2013 thanks to their Academic Progress Rate (APR) score before kickoff. Then they went out and turned in the best offensive performance yet in picking up their sixth win this year and improving coach Derek Masons best record in his third season.Thats the way we wanted it, Mason said. We wanted a victory. At the end of the day, we didnt want to sneak in the back door. We wanted to kick in the door and walk through the front door.Vanderbilt scored its most points against an SEC opponent since scoring 49 against Mississippi State on Sept. 25, 1971. The Commodores outgained Tennessee 608-516 in beating the Vols for the third time in five seasons.Tennessee (8-4, 4-4) led 31-24 at halftime after taking a 21-7 lead to open the game. Then the Commodores held the Vols to a field goal in the second half with Aaron Medley banging a 37-yard field goal off the right upright with 6:46 left.Khari Blasingame scored on a 12-yard TD run late in the third quarter, then Vanderbilt linebacker Zach Cunningham hit and stripped Joshua Dobbs of the ball at the end of the third quarter, forcing Tennessees second turnover of the game. That set up a 3-yard TD run by Darrius Sims with 12:15 left that gave Vanderbilt its first lead of the game at 38-34.Alvin Kamara scored three touchdowns for Tennessee within the first 17 minutes as the Vols jumped out to a 21-7 lead. Dobbs completed his first 11 passes and finished with 31 of 34 for 340 yards passing and two TDs.The Volunteers had been gashed on the ground badly, giving up more than 400 yards in each of the past two games. This time, Shurmur picked them apart with the fifth best passing performance in Vanderbilt history to help the Commodores match Tennessees high-powered offense.Ralph Webb, who became Vandys all-time leading rusher in the second quarter, finished off the scoring with a 28-yard TD run with 4:06 left. Webb finished with 116 yards rushing.THE TAKEAWAYTennessee: The Vols got the fast start they had missed so often this season only to struggle in the second half. They came into this game with a chance at a Sugar Bowl berth needing Auburn to lose to Alabama in the Iron Bowl. That happened. Before they could wait to see if Florida lost to Florida State, the Vols couldnt help themselves by beating Vanderbilt. That leaves them waiting to see just which bowl they will be playing.Vanderbilt: The Commodores already had a road win at Georgia this season, but this easily counts as Masons biggest win yet to quiet questions about their program as they prepare to go bowling.Man, Im so excited for these seniors, he said. You know what, they did this. We did this. People said we couldnt get it done.UP NEXTTennessee: Bowl-bound.Vanderbilt: Bowl-bound. Cheap NBA Jerseys . Ferrer, trying to win his fourth title on Mexican soil, will next play South Africas Kevin Anderson, who eliminated American Sam Querrey,7-6 (2), 6-4. Also Wednesday, Gilles Simon (6) of France beat Donald Young of the United States 6-4, 6-3, Ukraines Alexandr Dolgopolov downed Frenchman Jeremy Chardy 6-3, 6-4 and Croatias Ivo Karlovic defeated Dudi Sela of Israel 7-6 (4), 6-2. Cheap Heat Jerseys China . But the quarterback hopes to stay involved in football after officially calling it quits Tuesday. "Id love to look at those opportunities as they arise," Pierce said in an interview from his Winnipeg eatery. http://www.cheapheatjerseys.com/ .ca! Kerry, Two nights after the Scott-Eriksson incident in Buffalo, the Bruins returned home to play San Jose. In that game, Zdeno Chara put a check on Tommy Wingels that clearly targeted his head. Australias wicketkeeper Peter Nevill has defended his delayed stumping of Dimuth Karunaratne on day four of the Colombo Test match, while Sri Lanka have indicated they would have done the same.Nevill successfully appealed for Karunaratnes wicket after hovering with his glove next to the stumps as he waited for the batsman to switch his feet and momentarily leave the crease, following a Nathan Lyon delivery that had beaten the bat.The dismissal was cause for a range of reactions, with some questioning the dismissals acceptability in the spirit of cricket. However, Nevill had absolutely no qualms about claiming the wicket, saying it reflected the simple reality that batsmen needed to stay in their crease.I thought he was going to move his foot out of his crease and he did, Nevill said. You mightve seen on the footage, I had my hand right by the stumps waiting for that to happen, and it did happen and just worked out well that the timing was just right that it was out.Well theres always people who are going to say something like that [it went against the spirit of the game] but I dont think its contrary to the spirit of cricket. If you dont want to get stumped stay in your crease. You can sort of see, aa shifting of weight and youre expecting the back foot to come up. Cheap Swingman Heat Jerseys. Thats the hunch I had and thats what happened. Just managed to get the bails off in time.Nevill said he had been able to dismiss a batsman in that manner at least once before, in a second XI match. Footage of other similar dismissals effected by Alec Stewart against Brian Lara and Sri Lankas Romesh Kaluwitharana against Darren Lehmann emerged over the course of the day.Its happened a few times, in a second XI game in Australia there was one where the guy jumped after he played his shot, Nevill said. I know Hadds [Brad Haddin] has tried to do it a million times as well, so I think thats rubbed off on me.Sri Lanka batsman Kaushal Silva said his side would take the opportunity if roles were reversed. We dont know if we will get a chance to effect that kind of dismissal, but if we do, we would have to take that opportunity, he said. I dont see it as a wrong thing. But you cant also take wickets in a way that is against the spirit of the sport. That said, theres no problem if its done the right way. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '