Rusins previous appearance against the D-backs was a 7-2 win at Arizona last Sept. 30. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wangzonghui Feb 8
What I love most about running is that all you need to get started are your two feet and a heartbeat. Air Max 97 Silver Pas Cher . Its one of the most travel-friendly sports since theres minimal gear to pack and you can check out the sights and sounds of a new city while getting in your cardio.But as Ive started running more (and as I enter my thirties), Ive begun to feel fatigue in my arches, calves and knees during and after my run. Ive stretched and massaged but realized it may be time to step up my gear beyond functional and fun sneakers -- its time to upgrade my socks as well.Compression gear functions as a base layer thats extra snug in specific areas. It supposedly helps increase blood flow and reduces lactic acid build-up -- which in turn could diminish my fatigue and speed up my post-run recovery. Ive worn other compression gear like leggings and shorts in the past, so when PRO Compression, a sock-specific company, sent me a few pairs, I was excited and curious to see if it could be the cure to my runners fatigue.The detailsThe socks I tested out were the PRO Compression Marathon Elite socks, the top-of-the-line model which retails for $55. They offer graduated compression, meaning the compression decreases as you move up the leg and closer to your heart. (The idea is that it helps push blood flow back towards the heart -- resulting in better circulation and an easier recovery from exercise.)The socks also have calf support and extra padding in the heel and toe for comfort on long runs. Theyre made of a blend of materials that are meant to wick sweat and smells.The testTo get the best overall impression of the socks I wore them during runs for a few months throughout the summer -- with shorts, under tights -- and in all kinds of weather. I wore a size small in the Marathon Elite socks and have a 5 ? shoe size. I also tried them out post-run and on recovery days.I have rather large calves and often have a problem finding socks that stay up, but these fit snugly -- as compression gear should. The material did seem to wick away sweat and the socks didnt slip down my calves no matter how hot it was or how hard I ran.I noticed that my arches felt more supported, which meant that I could wear more minimal running sneakers with less pain. It did seem like the tight fit made my calves feel oddly energized, but Im not sure if some of that was a placebo effect from wearing the socks.I was most impressed, though, with how the socks felt when worn during recovery. If I wore them post run (and shower), my calves felt hugged -- as though they were being massaged. They felt so good after one run that I wore the socks out to dinner because they felt too comfortable to take off.Worth it?At $55, these socks are priced right in the middle for compression running socks. Ive worn my pairs multiple times and theyve stood up to plenty of wear and washes. If you find yourself getting calf and foot fatigue or soreness from running -- or want to ease your recovery -- the PRO Compression socks are a decent, comfortable investment that Im happy to recommend. Air Max 97 Vapormax Hybrid .H. -- Matt Kenseth made it 2 for 2 in the Chase, holding off teammate Kyle Busch to win Sunday at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. Air Max 97 The Ten . By having more great seasons. Manning was the only unanimous choice for the 2013 Associated Press NFL All-Pro team Friday. http://www.vapormax97.fr/france-air-max-97-homme.html . -- Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson asked his players a simple question during Fridays morning shootaround: How many of them had ever been on a team 14 games over .PHOENIX -- Chris Rusin has been the Chicago Cubs go-to pitcher after they make a major trade. For the second time this season, Rusin was called up from the minors after the Cubs dealt a pitcher, and helped lead the Cubs to a 4-2 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks on Monday night. This time, Rusin replaced Matt Garza, who was traded to the Texas Rangers earlier Monday. When Scott Feldman was dealt to Baltimore earlier this month, Rusin stepped in, but did not receive a decision in an eventual 8-7 loss to Oakland. With the trade of Garza, Rusin (1-0) again received the call to start and held the Diamondbacks scoreless until the sixth inning to pick up his first win of the season. "You just have to step up when they call you and be ready anytime," Rusin said. "I was ready for the opportunity and I was able to throw strikes and help our team win." Effective from the start, Rusin, who was 8-7 at Triple A Iowa, retired the first seven hitters in order. With one out in the third, Didi Gregorius slapped a single to right but was stranded when Tyler Skaggs struck out and A.J. Pollock fouled out to the catcher. Through the first five innings, Rusin allowed two baserunners. "I wasnt really pleased with my fastball command, but I guess I was effectively wild," Rusin said. "The things that got me through the five innings were getting my second pitch for strikes. I was able to throw my offspeed for strikes, which got me back into counts and be able to get weak contact and got me through the five innings." Rusin walked Cody Ross with one out in the fifth, but Ross was doubled up when right fielder Cole Gillespie grabbed Gerardo Parras sinking liner and fired to first baseman Anthony Rizzo for the double play. Rusin pitched into the sixth and left with runners on first and second and no outs. In that inning, the Diamondbacks managed to score both runners. First, Martinn Prados sacrifice fly scored Gregorius, and Paul Goldschmidt drove in his 79th run of the season with an infield single. Air Max 97 Plus Black. The Diamondbacks had an opportunity to take the lead, but could not capitalize in the seventh as pinch-hitter Eric Chavez flied to centre field with the bases loaded and two outs. In the eighth and with the tying run at third with two outs, Miguel Montero struck out to end that threat. "Well get over this," Arizona manager Kirk Gibson said. "Right now, things are not going out way, but the guys are hustling." Arizonas offence has struggled during its last five games, scoring just nine runs in that span. In the loss Monday night, the Diamondbacks managed six hits against six Chicago pitchers. They are hitting .194 in their last 10 games, and just .143 with runners in scoring position over their last seven games. "Everyone is trying their best, but in this game, you fail more than you succeed," said Gregorius, who was 3 for 3 with a walk and run scored. "Look, well come back tomorrow and find a way to get it done." Earlier, plate umpire Doug Eddings made sure things did not get out of control. With a history of Arizona suspensions this season for hit batters, Eddings directly addressed the issue in the Cubs half of the fourth inning. With two outs, Skaggs hit Navarro on the right knee with a pitch. Immediately after Navarro was hit, Eddings pointed to Skaggs and then pointed to both the Diamondbacks and Cubs dugouts. While Navarro was examined by Cubs trainer P.J. Mainville, Eddings went to mound and spoke directly with Skaggs. NOTES: To make room on the roster for Skaggs, the Diamondbacks sent lefty Eury De La Rosa to Triple-A Reno. ... Rusins previous appearance against the D-backs was a 7-2 win at Arizona last Sept. 30. ... Lake went 4 for 5, and is 9 for 17 since being recalled from Triple-A Iowa last Friday. Cheap NFL JerseysCheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From ChinaCheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys' ' '